Friday, February 24, 2012

1.4 Boy oh Boy

Strange as it was, the scary appearance of the nursery also made sure we were more at ease. We did not have to worry about how to take care of this baby, these babies, any longer. So those last two weeks went by like a breeze. We spend a lot of time outside, just enjoying each other. 

There was however one aspect of the arrival of our children that we failed to overlook in our worries.

Neither of us had a clue how to handle the birth. We didn't have any books to tell us what to do, there were no doctors, no hospitals. How on earth were we going to get through this.

But we did manage, and soon both our children were born, we named our two sons Luke and Levi. As we put them in their cribs, a nagging feeling started to grow inside of me again. Memories of my father and mother started to come back, conversations of how they wanted to adopt a little girl, because the chance of giving birth to one was almost zero.

But before I could properly get a hold of that memory, our sons started to cry. Still a bit insecure, we grabbed our boys and started the first time of tandem routine that we quickly developed.

The following morning Donovan the mailman brought more then just bills. Our mailbox contained a package and inside it were two dolls. There was no note attached, but we thought it very reliable that they gave the dolls for our boys. 

We were just glad at that time that they had taken away another one of our worries, what were they supposed to play with when they would grow old enough to do so. So we placed the dolls in their cribs.

The early years of their childhood went by so quickly. We always took care of them together, since there were two of us and two of them, it just seemed easier this way.

Luckely after the first few hard months, they became quite easy, a bit of playing, some bottle feeding, and they would sleep for quite some time before they needed a clean diaper.

The dolls weren't the only things that started to show up. Over the course of three years, more additions were made to the house to provide our growing sons with a place to play. And whenever something was added, we would discover money was taken from our savings. We didn't care, we would have had to pay for it if we went to the store as well.

In those three years our boys developed from helpless little babies into full grown toddlers that learned to crawl, walk, talk and wrap their mother around their little fingers. 

What I loved the most about raising my boys, was that I quickly discovered they both had their own characters. Luke loved to play with his peg box. It didn't take him long to figure out how it worked, though truth be told, if he didn't get it right, he could throw quite the fit. 

Levi was often found near Luke, though he was more socially and tended to play with his doll...a lot. We tried to get him to focus on something else a few times, but he'd frantically search the room for Lucky, as he had caller her.

With the twins growing up in those three years, we were able to spend more and more time doing what we do best again. Like sculpting, though Madeline had ordered me to put the workstation in our yard the minute we discovered it was fenced. I didn't mind to much, it gave me certain perks as well.

Though to minimize the time the children would be on their own, we would still shorten our shower time by showering at the same time.

Which hardly made it any surprise that we were expecting a third child within those three years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke = Genius, Eccentric
Levi = Neurotic, Loves the Outdoors

Right....people who also read my random legacy will know about the boy thing :) I was so annoyed by it, I really wanted a girl for those two in that challenge, I stuffed madeline with watermelons which is also used in that story. But alas, their only allowed child was a boy. So when I got pointed towards this challenge, I decided to use Ryan and Maddie again, and this time I would surely get a girl....you can perhaps understand my frustration when both of them were boys :(

5 comments:

  1. Awe..I'm sorry you ended up with boys..AGAIN! I pray this one is a girl! Lol at Ryan sculpting naked. That was most definitely a perk. Hehe. =D The twins are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you're aware, but popular theory is that watermelons and apples only affect the gender BEFORE the pregnancy bump appears. And you should only need three, because I believe each one adds something like 33% to the chance. I've never failed to get the gender I want if I do that before the sim realizes she's pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, my bad. Five, not three.

      Delete
    2. I didn't use watermelons here...only in the other legacy and from conception till end, strict watermelon diet...no girl. But I just enjoy the experiment here and will see how far I get before getting a girl.

      No watermelons are going to be used, they do not provide for them in the fridge.....

      Delete
  3. Well I still love the boys Ryan and Maddie make. Levi is particular is friggin ADORABLE. Am I goanna have to restart the rumours of you selling your soul to EA for attractive toddlers? I swear I can see a personality in his face!

    I love how their house is coming along. The backyard is great... especially if it means we get more naked Ryan photos... *Eyebrow wiggle*

    ReplyDelete